Growing wiser on the wisdom (or stupidity) of others
Released under a Creative Commons license Daniel Johnson, Jr.. Some Rights Reserved.
Everything written here is my personal opinion and not that of any employer or client, past or present.

Wednesday, February 20, 2002

Comprehending Engineers - Take Seven

"Normal people ... believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."

Actually, I once destroyed a 1980 Chevette because of this mentality. I tried to install a flush ' n' fill system, and I couldn't get the hoses back on tight enough. While driving on the expressway sometime later, the engine froze. I later found out that this car, for which I had recently poured over $800 worth of repairs to get it running again, had melted pistons!

No comments: