Growing wiser on the wisdom (or stupidity) of others
Released under a Creative Commons license Daniel Johnson, Jr.. Some Rights Reserved.
Everything written here is my personal opinion and not that of any employer or client, past or present.

Thursday, February 14, 2002

Balance, Plans, Decisions, Priorities

"Balance isn't either/or; it's and." - Stephen R. Covey: I cannot be so focused on one particular aspect of my life and say that I'm a balanced individual. I need to fulfill all my responsibilities not only to God, but also to my family, job, etc. I have, however, prioritized these aspects so that, during crunch time, I know what is most important.

"Keep in mind always the present you are constructing. It should be the future that you want" - Alice Walker: In other words, I must consistently evaluate whether what I'm doing is going to get me where I want to go.

"Decisiveness is the art of timely cruelty." - Henry Becque: It sometimes hurts to make decisions because someone is not going to get what they want when you don't decide their way.

No comments: